Saturday 27 July 2013

The Move Part 1

Goodbye house

After eight wonderful years, we farewelled our first built home. Unfortunately, timing was not the best as our new home will not be ready for another 3 weeks! Nevertheless, after much throwing, selling and giving away, our belongings were packed up and squeezed into the storage area and garage of our new home awaiting the next move when they can occupy their intended long term placement. I, for one, would be reluctant to play Tetris against the removalists.

I wish I could have said that the move was completely smooth...For the most part it was, the things that got moved were done with efficiency and care. Unfortunately, due to a slight miscommunication, the washing machine was left behind! The piano will also move at a later date because the new concrete floors requires another seal. So look out for The Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and perhaps Part 5...

Also due to slight miscalculations (don't ask for details...) Malcolm and I were left nomadic. So the Pymble Hotel it was. However, I have a feeling that I was made to live like a princess. I was so distressed that I didn't take any photos. Enough said.

Things you find when everything in the house is gone!

It doesn't look like we have much but there are many, many boxes behind that half closed doorway...


No comments:

Post a Comment